Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: Compiling on OSX 10.5

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: Compiling on OSX 10.5
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 09:22:32 -0400

Some of us were just talking about LIBUSB 1.0 & compat libraries off- list a few days ago w/r.t. GNU Radio; I had updated MacPorts & tried to "make check" on the latest trunk of GNU Radio & came up with the same error Jason found. What we both found is an incompatibility between LIBUSB 0.1 and compat 0.1 ... well, sort of: the error in on an internal structure that the external API doesn't provide, so really it's our bad for using internal variables and structures and not just the external API.

I'm going to take a look at this today & see if I can correct it far enough so that the USRP library works with the LIBUSB compat library as well as the legacy LIBUSB for OSX only. I don't think it'll be very difficult, which is why I'm willing to try the fix.

I am NOT going to look into updating GNU Radio's overall FUSB code to work with LIBUSB 1.0 ... not enough time in the day / week / month right now ... but that would make an interesting project for someone else ...

More later. - MLD