[Discuss-gnuradio] Clarification on FM/AM implementation

From: Narayanan, Sivaramasubramanian (R&T)
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Clarification on FM/AM implementation
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 11:00:25 +0530

Hi,

I am trying to implement a FM/AM multiplex signal using USRP board, with Simple TX RX daughter boards.

I need a basic signal to be modulated over FM and use that FM modulated signal as a base band for AM modulation, which will be finally sent to USRP.

I was trying to use blks2.nbfm_tx / blks2.wfm_tx. But in both the functions, I can specify only the peak deviation but not the center frequency. Please let me know how do I do an FM modulation by specifying both Fc and delta-f.

I have one more question. How do I do an AM modulation? I don’t find any specific function for that. If I just connect the baseband signal to the tuner card, tuning the usrp subdevice to the carrier frequency, will that transmit an AM modulated signal?

I appreciate any help at these points at the earliest.

Thanks and Regards,

Sivaram