[Discuss-gnuradio] Packetizer and Depacketizer

From: udadidd
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Packetizer and Depacketizer
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2009 11:56:54 -0700 (PDT)

Am trying to make data(read from keyboard) into packets, save this into a
file, and in another program, read this data, deframe it and display.

I followed similar steps as in benchmark_rx and benchmark_tx. instead i
removed modulator and demodulator. I alos avoided the use of usrp in
between, instead of which i use a file to write to and read from.
http://www.nabble.com/file/p24550834/check.py check.py

1) check.py asks you to the data u wanna send, converts it into packets and
saves them into packetizer.data
http://www.nabble.com/file/p24550834/functions.py functions.py
it uses the file functions.py
2) check2.py is does teh deframing job
http://www.nabble.com/file/p24550834/check2.py check2.py
http://www.nabble.com/file/p24550834/chk_rxpath.py chk_rxpath.py
http://www.nabble.com/file/p24550834/deframe_pkts.py deframe_pkts.py

Running check2.py gives me the following output :

1) I am inside 'if __name__ = __main__' loop
2) Main() function is called now
Defining tb with rx_callback
3) inside my_top_block
in chk_rxpath now
printing rx_callback :  <function rx_callback at 0x2a71170>
is this self.u being called?
inside deframe_packets now
inside queue watcher now
rcvd packet in queue watcher :
<gnuradio.gr.gnuradio_swig_py_runtime.gr_msg_queue_sptr; proxy of <Swig
Object of type 'gr_msg_queue_sptr *' at 0x2a6b4c0> >
callback in queue watcher :  <function rx_callback at 0x2a71170>
inside queue watcher : next is self.start()
inside run(self) of deframe packets
Connecting source file to packet_receiver
connected
<chk_rxpath.chk_rxpath object at 0x2a6b2b0>
<gr_block file_source (6)>
next is tb.start()
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::invalid_argument'
  what():  port number 0 exceeds max of (none)
Abort trap
~/gnuradio-examples/python/audio/>

I did not follow where exactly i am going wrong!and what is happening when
tb.start() is executed!!