[Discuss-gnuradio] Building a spectrum analyzer

From: Yc Park
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Building a spectrum analyzer
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 16:08:40 +0200

Hi all,

Recently I started to build a spectrum analyzer with some extra
functions such as channel power measurements and spectrum mask
check.(so, fft_sink is not a good solution for this.)

To do so, my plan is this:
1. get fft data vector of given size(2048) from usrp2 (data refresh rate
~= 5 bins/sec)
2. process the data vector with scipy functions
3. display it with matplotlib module

But at this time I'm stuck at step2: how can get fft vector so that I
can proccess it with scipy module?
Connect() seems to connect blocks, not give out the data vector.

Or the vector_sink.data is not a good choice since I do not have control
over the data size.

Any good suggestions would be veery much appreciated!!