Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] RFX-1800 Tranciever

From: Jason Uher
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] RFX-1800 Tranciever
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 07:51:31 -0500

> Is it possible to run benchmark_tx and benchmark_rx on same computer with
> one USRP with RFX-1800 Transciever daughter board.

I believe if you have two daughter cards it is possible to run the
benchmark_*x scripts on the same USRP but different daughtercards, but
I think you need to combine them into a single flow graph.  If I
remember correctly when you open a new instance of usrp_source_* (as
you would when you run the second script), the settings for the old
one get wiped out.

One thing to note here is that with the leakage from the cards
themselves (caveat, I have not used the RFX1800) it is very likely
that you will get an excellent BER even without antennas.  For
example, even with both the transmitter and receiver ports terminated,
I still receive a very high SNR waveform when listening from one card
and transmitting from the other in a single USRP.  Based on my
experience with the RFX2400, if you are planning to use this to
attempt to model some sort of communication system, your antenna
choice/interference will likely have little impact on your results.

If you simply want to 'see it work' then the single USRP set up should
be fine, however for any real testing you will probably need two
USRPs.

Jason