Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] New to gnuradio - Complex sampling question - ur

From: Peng Huo
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] New to gnuradio - Complex sampling question - urgent
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 14:46:52 -0500

Ok, I understand. To convert this complex signal to a real, one has to do this according to the following formula, isn't it?

x(t) = X(t)Cos(2*pi*fc*t) - X(t)Sin(2*pi*fc*t) where X(t) -> Complex signal, fc -> Carrier frequency, x(t) -> real signal.

I looked at the block "complex_to_real" and it outputs the Inphase component as the real signal. Is it because, "fc" is 0Hz as the signal being at baseband? I think this sounds right.

I want to mulitply a real signal with a PN sequence and then pass the result on to a costas loop which takes a complex input. I want to know how can we get a complex signal from a real one. Is there a block that does that?

Thanks
Peng