Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] recording some ntsc on the last day

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] recording some ntsc on the last day
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 11:23:52 -0700

On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 07:41:59AM -0400, davek wrote:
> i want to capture the final minutes of my local tv channel shutting down
> usrp_rx_cfile.py -f 55250000 -R B -d 8 -g 60 analog_ntsc_capture.dat
> this should work right? channel 2 is 55.25mhz according to
> http://www.matrixtest.com/products/stdfreq.htm

The middle of north american channel 2 is 57MHz.
The other number is probably the video carrier.

See gnuradio-core/docs/doxygen/other/tv-channel-frequencies

Your gain seems pretty high.  I suggest you take a look at the
signal using usrp_fft.py and work out a gain setting.  You don't want
to start raising the noise floor.

Eric