[Discuss-gnuradio] how to access elements in case of multi flow graph

From: Sheshanandan KN
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] how to access elements in case of multi flow graph
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 17:07:53 +0530

hi all,
I have created a multiple flow graph code for my experimentation as
per the document - ' writing python applications using gnuradio'. As
per this document, the individual flow graphs are connected as per the
following lines of code:

class my_top_block(gr.top_block):
        def __init__(self):
               gr.top_block.__init__(self)

               tx_path = transmit_path()
               rx_path =  receive_path()

               self.connect(tx_path)
               self.connect(rx_path)

I have instantiated this class as tb = my_top_block(). I am not
getting how to access the elements inside these classes. For example,
if I have an element like 'self.msgq'  in the class receive_path. How
to access this 'msgq' from my_top_block().

I tried giving tb.rx_path.msgq and tb.msgq directly. But this does not work.

Please let me know how to go about this.