Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] DBS-RX satellite connection

From: Matt Ettus
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] DBS-RX satellite connection
Date: Sun, 07 Jun 2009 19:41:21 -0700

davek wrote:
I would like to get my usrp conneced to my TVRO satellite dish. I am
wondering...
Is the DBSRX daughter card suitable for direct connection to a satellite LNB?
I am thinking it will be easier to let the sat receiver do the lnb
power and polarization control
Is it be safe to connect to the lnb loop-through connection on
standard satellite receivers?

I am not sure exactly what you are asking. The DBSRX RF path is DC blocked, so you can put DC bias on the line externally without problem. You could also use the DBSRX's built-in bias tee to do this if you like, as long as you keep the current below 500mA.

Matt