Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] how to define a new variable in GRC

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] how to define a new variable in GRC
Date: Sun, 31 May 2009 22:07:24 -0700

svn up and try it now. I commented out the eval caching. I still cant put my finger on exactly what went wrong. Or why the behavior is different, newer numpy, python 2.6...

Anyway, I will keep digging.

-Josh

Josh Blum wrote:
Ack! Something very strange is happening when numpy/scipy is imported. I will let you know when its fixed/figured out. -Josh

Achilleas Anastasopoulos wrote:

Yes, I did that.

However, GRC seems to be very unhappy with it.
Take a look at the stripped down grc block that I attach.
If you activate/deactivate a couple of times the
variable block you get error messages/red boxes and the graph cannot be executed...

I don't know where this is coming from...

Achilleas

Josh Blum wrote:

 > I guess the only thing your missing that that scipy is not loaded by
 > default in grc. So add an import block and enter: import scipy
 >
 > Works?
 >
 > -Josh

Achilleas Anastasopoulos wrote:
I have 2 variable blocks in GRC called "channel" and "N"
that represent an array of channel taps and an integer, respectively.

I want to generate a new variable called "chanel_FT_inv"
which represents
1/scipy.fft(channel,N)
ie, the inverse of the channel N-length Fourier transform