Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP/LFRX ADC Saturation and Range

From: dan s
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP/LFRX ADC Saturation and Range
Date: Sat, 30 May 2009 21:32:57 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Sebastiaan,

Thanks for responding.  Given what you explained, I'm still not sure if my results are in the range they should be.  Do you have any guesses?

At 10 dB of gain set on the USRP,  I observed saturations at about +14,964 and -12,025 counts.  This was with a 32 bit decimation and saving the recordings as 16 bit shorts

When I used a 50 ohm output waveform generator, I got a calibration of about 37,900 counts/volt (with a 10 kHz sinewave input).  I saw saturations once I had an input voltage at around +/- .316 Volts (as expected with 10 dB of gain), but I don't recall what I got in terms of counts for saturation..

Thanks,
Dan