Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Oscope Triggering and Sampling

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Oscope Triggering and Sampling
Date: Wed, 06 May 2009 13:35:47 -0700

I would install gnuradio trunk or 3.2 release candidate and enable the gl sinks: http://gnuradio.org/trac/wiki/CompGrWxgui#GLSinks

The gl scope has much better time scaling and triggering capabilities.

-Josh

Tom Lutz wrote:
I searched the list and perused some source code, but could not find answers
to the following, so....

1) Is there a way to do a 'one-time' trigger with the oscilloscope?  I like
having the ability to capture data and examine it.

2) I can't seem to capture more than a very small window of samples, even as
I increase the time per division in the GUI.  Is there a way to capture,
say, 4,000,000 samples then stop?

3) The trigger button in usrp_oscope.py only has 50%...can't seem to find a
way to set it to a fixed value...I feel like I'm missing something
incredibly obvious here.  Can someone clear this up?

Environment:
Application: usrp_oscope.py -n 3
gnu-radio version 3.1.3 (built from tarball)
USRP
Ubuntu 9.04 x86

Thanks in advance,
Tom