Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio 3.2 Release Candidate 2 available for

From: Johnathan Corgan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio 3.2 Release Candidate 2 available for testing
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 08:50:21 -0700

On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 12:52 AM, Jan Schiefer <address@hidden> wrote:

> ../../../gnuradio-core/src/lib/.libs/libgnuradio-core-qa.so: undefined
> reference to `CppUnit::assertDoubleEquals(double, double, double,
> CppUnit::SourceLine)'
[...]
> address@hidden:~$ nm --demangle /usr/lib/libcppunit.a | grep
> assertDoubleEquals
> <snip/>
> 00000030 T CppUnit::assertDoubleEquals(double, double, double,
> CppUnit::SourceLine, std::string const&)
> <snip/>
>
> So there seeems to be an extra parameter in the version of
> assertDoubleEquals that I have. According to cppunit documentation, there
> are macros with and without the extra parameter (which is a user-supplied
> message in case of error).

I can't replicate your results here on an Ubuntu 9.04 machine.

There is only one actual assertDoubleEquals function in libcppunit,
and it takes all five arguments.  The macro
CPPUNIT_ASSERT_DOUBLES_EQUAL that takes three arguments supplies the
other two as defaults.  This has been the case on the default
installation of libcppunit for Ubuntu 8.04, 8.10, and 9.04.  I'm
trying to figure out how your libgnuradio-core-qa.so came to have a
dynamic link to a version of the function with only four arguments.

Has this specific source code tree been compiled before under a
different environment? Can you do a 'make distclean' and try again
(from the ./bootstrap step)?

Johnathan