[Discuss-gnuradio] Re: installation of GNU Radio on windows using minGW

From: Patrick Strasser
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: installation of GNU Radio on windows using minGW and MSYS
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 19:58:06 +0200

Zainab Qureshi wrote am 2009-04-28 19:14:
I have installed gnuradio on windows xp using the steps given on the gnuradio wesbite. Those were quite helpful. I am getting this when i configure gnuradio.

Please read
  http://gnuradio.org/trac/wiki/ReportingErrors

Especially read
  Things to try before asking questions on the mailing list
and
  I've done everything above, and I still have a question. How do I ask it?

Read the output of your commands carefully. The build tools give you a minimum of information to solve your problems.

And please do not post HTML-mail. Readers without HTML will not see any yellow words you are referring to.

I do not want to send you away, but the things you are asking are no problems that require special GNU Radio knowledge or can not be be solved by reading the docs from the wiki. We expect you to do you homework before asking questions.

@others: Are the docs missing some crucial information or somehow misleading? It seems they can be improved, as still people are asking help for quite basic things. Maybe it's just the ordering and structure of some docs or outputs...

Patrick
Patrick Strasser <patrick dot strasser at student dot tugraz dot at>