Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP Overrun Problem

From: Mattias Kjellsson
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP Overrun Problem
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2009 14:30:15 +0200

Lizhao You wrote:
Hi all,

I am testing an application, which receives data from usrp. The datarate is 2M, and samples_per_symbol is 2, decimation is 16. I am using a PC, with Ubuntu 8.10, intel pentium 4 cpu 2.40G, and 768M Memory. But the shell displays uOuOuO when running. I know it means usrp overrun. I am not opening any large programs except internet brower. Because i cannot change the decimation and sample_per_symbol, What method can i use to avoid usrp overrun? Any help in this regard would be highly appreciated, and thank you for your help!

Regards,
Lizhao
Hi Lizhao,

Have a look in "/proc/cpuinfo" to see your current cpu- speed, Ubuntu 8.10 introduced a frequency- scaling thing, which sometimes messes with you and set your cpu to work at a lower clock- speed.

If that doesn't work, you could probably try to elevate your programs scheduling, have a look at "gruel".

//Mattias