Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Timestamps, data rates

From: Juha Vierinen
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Timestamps, data rates
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 15:13:51 +0000

> I wouldn't expect the time stamps in the streams to start at the same
> point (the start_rx_streaming command doesn't accept a "start at
> time T argument).  I would expect that there is a constant delta_t
> between subsequent frames, and that that delta_t would be the same for
> both of the USRP2s.

How accurate is sync_to_pps? Can you do MIMO with just sync_to_pps
(assuming your cables are equal length)?

Off topic: We have been playing around with my USRP2 and it seems very
nice. I noticed that even though the FAQ strongly discourages
connecting the USRP2 to your main network, it does actually work. We
have a fairly large LAN and I assume that the USRP2 could possibly
flood the network when doing 25 MHz. Is there any other reason for not
just putting the USRP2 in your LAN?

juha