Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP Basics questions

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP Basics questions
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 08:57:24 -0700

You want to probe the SMA connectors. The pins tx0-tx7 are digital control lines. If you see any signal on the control lines, it is probably very weak leakage from the DAC.

Somya Ajmera wrote:
Hi Josh, on the  SMA connectors I had connected my transmit receive antennas. I
wanted to know if while transmitting and receiving signals using USRP sink and
source blocks, can I silmatenously probe any pin on the transmit/receive
daughter board inorder to see the signal out and in to USRP. Also I was trying
to make an OFDM system by implementing the following blocks:

Random Source:---->OFDM Modulator:------------>USRP Sink
[Minimum=0;                [ Modulation:8 QAM               [Unit Number=0
Maximum=2;                 FFT Length=512                   Interpolation=400
Num Samples=1M        Occupied tones: 200           Frequency=100M
Repeat=Yes]                 CP Length: 128                    Gain=0
                                      Pad for USRP=Yes              Side=Side A]
                                      Payload length=0]

After running this, when I probed pin tx0 - tx7 on the daughter board, I was
able to see some waveforms on the scope. But when I build the receiver system:

USRP Source:----------->OFDM DeModulator:------------>FFT Sink

[Unit Number=0 [ Modulation:8 QAM Decimation=400 FFT Length=512 Frequency=100M Occupied tones: 200 Gain=0 CP Length: 128 Side=Side A RX Antenna=RXA ]
I am get the following warning:
"** (python:4085): WARNING **: IPP request failed with status 1030
       Timeout "

You can ignore this, its just wxpython molesting your printers.

and now if i probe the same pins on the daughter board, I am not able to see
any waveforms. Can you please help me to figure out this behaviour.

Thanks & Rgards,
Somya Ajmera