Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Sensitivity of USRP to power glitches

From: Johnathan Corgan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Sensitivity of USRP to power glitches
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2009 12:26:04 -0700

On Sat, Apr 11, 2009 at 2:01 PM, Juha Vierinen <address@hidden> wrote:

> 2. Bad USB cable

I've seen this as the reason for USB problems more than anything else,
typically using cables longer than the spec, or adding extenders, or
using cables not rated for 2.0.  I hadn't correlated it with power
issues, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was some ground loop
issue resulting from having the USRP and PC powered from different AC
sources, and/or having different ground levels between the USRP USB
connector and the PC USB connector.  In one case adding a USB 2.0 hub
in series fixed things.

Johnathan