Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] grc should warn, not fail with malformed xml

From: Ed Criscuolo
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] grc should warn, not fail with malformed xml
Date: Sun, 05 Apr 2009 09:52:26 -0400

Josh Blum wrote:
It was intentional. If the block definition is bad, it prints out the problem and exits. The other possibility is to print the error, not parse that block which contained the error, and continue loading.

My worry was that if somebody (including myself) makes a bad block, the error would be missed or overlooked when the program opens, so rather, it just exits with error.

Any strong opinions on this (error vs warn)? Either way is ok with me, I just want it to be most useful for the majority of users.

Why not have it both ways? :)  I suggest a preferences option to specify
the behavior.  That way you make it most useful to ALL the users!