Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] uspr2 working intermittently/segmentation fault

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] uspr2 working intermittently/segmentation fault
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 16:24:17 -0700

On Wed, Apr 01, 2009 at 06:45:59PM -0400, Marcus D. Leech wrote:
> Eric Blossom wrote:
> > It appears that you do not have the current firmware (and possibly
> > FPGA image) installed on the SD Card.  Please grab the latest from:
> > http://gnuradio.org/releases/usrp2-bin/trunk/
> >
> > Eric
> >
> set-curmudgeon-mode(True)
>
> Segmentation Fault on the host should *never* be the correct response to
> buggy firmware on the USRP2.  Ever.
>
> set-curmudgeon-mode(False)

I agree whole heartedly.  (There was no evidence of a segfault in the
back trace presented.)  FWIW, Johnathan fixed a problem not long ago
where there was a missing throw(...) annotation in a .i file.

We've also got ticket:346 open, "write python QA code for all possible
exceptions from all blocks".  It's on the list of tickets to be fixed
before 3.2.0 goes out the door.

For those of you wondering where we are on 3.2.0, this query
will get you all of the gating tickets:

http://gnuradio.org/trac/query?status=assigned&status=new&status=reopened&group=type&order=priority&col=id&col=summary&col=owner&col=priority&col=component&col=version&milestone=release-3.2.0

Eric