[Discuss-gnuradio] USRP Rev4 FX2 firmware question. Initializing FIFOs ?

From: Ryan Seal
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP Rev4 FX2 firmware question. Initializing FIFOs ?
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 02:32:42 -0400

I have been working on modifications to the USRP board so that I can pass a gating signal through the basic RX daughterboard to gate signal collection for a pulsed radar application. This is somewhat working, but I am having problems with data alignment when stopping and starting the system. It appears that the FX2 chip does not clear its fifo when stopping/starting the system. There seems to be an arbitrary number of data samples left in the buffers when I restart the system, and this causes sample 0 to appear at sample X. Is there a function I can call to manually wipe the FX2 fifos and ensure that they are empty when starting the system? If not, what do I need to do to resolve this; possibly customize the firmware (this looks like a headache)?

The FPGA modifications appear to work as expected. These buffers are definitely zeroed upon restart. I have verified most of this by routing important signals through the headers on the dboards to a logic analyzer. Everything looks pretty good from the FPGA's perspective.

Thanks,
Ryan