Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] starting with usrp2_fft.py

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] starting with usrp2_fft.py
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 10:45:31 -0700

On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 09:28:36AM -0700, leferman wrote:

> I am having a similar problem.  I used ethtool to disable the pause
> parameters for this interface; here is the output:
> sudo ethtool -a eth1
> Pause parameters for eth1:
> Autonegotiate:        off
> RX:           off
> TX:           off
>
> But I still get this error when i run tx_samples:
> sudo ./tx_samples -e eth1
> terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::runtime_error'
>   what():  Unable to retrieve daughterboard info
> Creating USRP2 Object.... Aborted
>
> I'm running the latest version of GNU Radio (freshly re-complied this
> morning, revision 10644) on Ubuntu 8.10.  I have a USRP2 with the firmware
> and bit file that was complied on March 15th 2009 and the xcvr2450
> daughterboard.
>
> Are there any other ideas as to what could cause this (or did I disable flow
> control pause wrong)?  Thanks!

Please see this message from yesterday:

  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/discuss-gnuradio/2009-03/msg00466.html

Try the new firmware without forcing anything with ethtool.  (Leave
autonegotiation enabled.)  It should come up with a sensible answer.

On my system I get:

    address@hidden trunk]$ ethtool -a eth1
    Pause parameters for eth1:
    Autonegotiate:  on