Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] some results about D8PSK (problems)

From: Bill Stevenson
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] some results about D8PSK (problems)
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 14:19:50 -0700 (PDT)

From: Bill Stevenson <address@hidden>
To: Bill Stevenson <address@hidden>
Sent: Wednesday, March 18, 2009 5:16:26 PM

Hello,

I have searched the mailing list for the questions about D8PSK and also reviewed the README file for the benchmark_tx.py and benchmark_rx.py, it seemed that D8PSK could not work in a decent way like DQPSK or DBPSK on USRP now. Is that right? I have tried to find out the most appropriate values for --costas-loop and --gain-mu, but still found that 0.05 for the gain of loop filter and 0.001 for the gaim-mu  could make the PDR reach 100% with two USRPs seperated with very short distance. Other values for these two arguments would ruin the communication seriously. So the D8PSK could not work well on USRP???

Thanks.

Bill