RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] [USRP2] Some problems by sending sinusoidalsignal

From: Costantini, Andrea
Subject: RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] [USRP2] Some problems by sending sinusoidalsignals. :-(
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 14:37:07 +0100

Hi Martin!

> What exactly is your problem? Is it the frequency offset? If so, at what
> frequency are you transmitting and have you sync'd the clocks? If no,
> isn't this what you'd expect?
> Btw, how do you get these fantastic SNR values, did you connect the USRPs
> directly?

No, actually they are around 50 cm apart from each other and connected to two different PCs.

Frequency is set to 2.4GHz. But I didn't sync the clocks.
I am at the beginning of my research with USRP2 and I didn't expect I would have need to sync the clocks for such a preliminary experiment with sinusoidal signals.
Can you please point me to some reference on how and why we do it? In the meanwhile I'll continue to search in the archive.

> You are confusing values behind the ADC with power levels. This was
> discussed in another thread not too long ago:
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/discuss-gnuradio/2009-03/msg00045.html

Thank you very much.

> Cheerio
> MB