Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio 1.3.1 and SMP

From: Hew How Chee
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio 1.3.1 and SMP
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 03:25:28 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Bob,

cat /proc/cpuinfo give 4 processors.

Did more test on running the same piece of code, which is basically a modified
fm receiver. Usually I see nearly 100% loading on 1 of the 4 processors . But
sometimes the load is spread on other processor (e.g. 100% load become 50% load
on processor1 and 50% on proccessor2). Is this random behaviour expected ? I
was hoping that I can assign gr block to a processor  specifically so that the
load is really well distributed. Forgive me if this question is obvious as I
did not track gnuradio progress as frequently as I would like to.

Hew