Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] extract timestamp data

From: Mattias Kjellsson
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] extract timestamp data
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 09:43:16 +0100

Cocuzzo, Daniel C. wrote:

I'm also wondering about how to extract ethernet packet information, such as timestamp. If anyone has any pointers to reference materials it would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

As far as I know, there is a timestamp- field in the ethernet- packet header. Look in "gnuradio/usrp2/firmware/include/usrp2_eth_packet.h" for definitions of the ethernet- structures. Have a close look at how the headers are combined, and also remember that there is a "union u2_subpkt_t", which eased up the programming for me a bit.

There is a timestamp- field in "u2_fixed_hdr_t", but I don't know exactly how that comes out in the higher levels of the api. I have been toled that the lower levels of the code should already be able to handle this, but that it hasn't got it's way up all the way through the api yet. But that was a month or two ago, maybe someone of the core- developers can answer that more precisely.

Best Regards
//Mattias Kjellsson