[Discuss-gnuradio] Using GRC and USRP2 to implement a GSM base station?

From: Jhon Lee
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Using GRC and USRP2 to implement a GSM base station?
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 01:28:44 +0100

Hi all,

I want to implement a GSM base station using gnuradio with USRP2. I just
downloaded the latest development code of gnuradio and I have not got my
USRP2 yet(USRP2 seems not availabe now?). I think that there are some
useful modules for me to build a GSM base station, such as
gr-gsm-fr-vocode and GRC.  I google and know that there is a project
called OpenBTS; however, it is for USRP1. GRC is really good and
convenient, so I want to use GRC and USRP2 to build my GSM base station.

Is anyone working on this issue and can give me some instruction?

Thank you,
Jhon