Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Correct method for "compressing" a power spectru

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Correct method for "compressing" a power spectrum
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 14:10:52 -0400

Frank Brickle wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 9:39 AM, <address@hidden
> <mailto:address@hidden>> wrote:
>
>     Oh horrors. Please let it not be true that the phrase I am
>     remembered most for is heuristic grass.
>

> Isn't heuristic grass what gives absinthe the green color?
>
> Frank
>
> --
> For an omnipotent and omniscient being, God has made some really lousy
> earthly staffing decisions. -- John Cole
OK, so I decided to use the averaging method, rather than the maximum
method.  It produces reasonably good looking plots:

http://www.science-radio-labs.com/files/spectral_example.ps

(The GUI toolkit I'm using allows you to take a PostScript dump of the
XYPlot object).

--
Marcus Leech
Principal Investigator, Shirleys Bay Radio Astronomy Consortium