Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Creating a USRP2 C++ Object

From: Mike Leferman
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Creating a USRP2 C++ Object
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 12:47:24 -0500

I'm using Ubuntu 8.10, and /usr/local/lib is in my ld.so.conf.  Does ldconfig just update ld.so.conf? My program finds libusrp2 in the /usr/local/lib folder, so it should be able to find libgruel (which I'm guessing is the problem?)  Do I have to have my program link libgruel as well?  Is this failing because I don't use usrp2.lo when i link the library?  Thanks for the help!

- Mike

On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 1:27 PM, Eric Blossom <address@hidden> wrote:
On Tue, Mar 03, 2009 at 01:19:15PM -0500, Mike Leferman wrote:
> I'm working on a C++ program which directly creates an instance of a USRP2
> object.  When the program is being run, the following error is thrown:
> /usr/local/lib/libusrp2.so.0: undefined
> symbol: _ZN5gruel7sys_pri13usrp2_backendEv
>
> Gruel was complied on the system and programs have been run using the usrp2
> in gnuradio.
>
> What in the world does this error message mean, what could be throwing it
> and how can I fix it.  Thanks!

Decoding the mangled name:

 $ c++filt _ZN5gruel7sys_pri13usrp2_backendEv
 gruel::sys_pri::usrp2_backend()

which OS/distribution/version?

Do you have /usr/local/lib in /etc/ld.so.conf?
Have you run $ sudo ldconfig?

Eric