[Discuss-gnuradio] Fast and furious preamp for HF

From: Alberto Trentadue
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Fast and furious preamp for HF
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 10:57:27 +0100 (CET)

Hello

I've tried to receive 7 MHz ham bands with LFRX.
As expected, after reading the mailing list and documents around, I realized
that without a steaming >40db low noise
preamp ahead LFRX, there's very little to listen to (although I managed to
listen some broadcast on 7100 - 7200kHz with
antenna inside the room, which is under a concrete roof).

Now, since I need to prepare a demo with USRP/GNURadio right on the 7MHz ham
band, is there anyone out there who can
point me to the *fastest* solution to homebrew a low noise >40db Preamp?
Of course there are lots of designs on the web, but I need something effective
and fast to build from sombody who
tried by personal experience.

Thanks in advance
Alberto.

Photo c'รจ il FUORI TUTTO ! Calendari scontati del 50 %Affrettati, l'offerta
scade il 31/03/09http://photo.tiscali.it/offerte/promo-calenda.shtml