Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2 and external clock (from GPS receiver)

From: Matt Ettus
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2 and external clock (from GPS receiver)
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 10:27:48 -0800

Douglas Geiger wrote:

Is the test clock supposed to be running at 5kHz? I've just tested this
on one of my USRP2 - it does appear to be locked with my external clock
- - i.e. the 5kHz signal on the pin doesn't drift w.r.t my 10Mhz external

No, the test clock runs as 100MHz/div where div is the 2nd argument to the function. The maximum value of div is 32.

I think you are using a digital oscilloscope to view this, and you are seeing it alias because you turned the time per division up way too high. Change it to 100ns per division.

Matt