[Discuss-gnuradio] Complex signal to square wave

From: Marco Bottino
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Complex signal to square wave
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 16:25:54 -0500

Hello all!

I wrote a script in python that takes a binary file (output of the
usrp_rx_cfile.py), convert it in a sequence of complex values and applies a
variable threshold in order to convert that complex sequence in a square wave.
The complex sequence already represent a square wave, but with a noise and
distortions that I want to clean.
Now I would like to merge what I've done with the gnuradio language, and this is
what I tried:

class my_top_block(gr.top_block):

    def __init__(self):
        gr.top_block.__init__(self)

        def block_cplx_to_sq (matrice):
            output1 = []
            d = ds = 0;
            de = len(matrice);
            while (d < de):

            [sequence of 'if..else' to find the correct value of [min,max]]

                threshold = mean(matrice[min,max]);
                stad = std(matrice[min_std,max_std]);

                if stad <= 50:
                    threshold = threshold - 100;
                soglia_f.append(threshold);

                if abs(matrice[d]) >= threshold:
                    output1.append(1);
                else:
                    output1.append(0);

                d = d + 1;
            return output1;

        src = gr.file_source(gr.complex, "Acq_petit", TRUE)
        BLCK = block_cplx_to_sq ();
        self.connect(src, BLCK)

The problem is that the program still requires something as input of
block_cplx_to_sq (and it should be the output of the file_source...).
Does anyone have any idea to help me? (maybe some gnuradio function that I don't
know that does something like this)

Thank you in advance,
Kind regards,
Marco