[Discuss-gnuradio] Re: How to syncronize 2 XCVR2450 daughterbords

From: Bruhtesfa Ebrahim
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: How to syncronize 2 XCVR2450 daughterbords
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 11:38:55 +0100

Jason Uher wrote:
>> So, could you explain me how to syncronize these boards to use same
>> oscillator and where can i get detailed information about the steps to
>> make it.
>> Also, is there some other way to decrease phase noise between
>> daughterboards?
>>
>> thanks!
>>
>> Bruhtesfa
>> --
>

> The instructions for linking the clocks are here:
> http://www.gnuradio.org/trac/wiki/USRPClockingNotes
>
> Jason

Thanks!

But I am confused with one thing.

I have read that the VCO on daugherbords uses PLL frequency synthesizer
by using the USRP clock as a reference. If I syncronize the two USRPs(to
work as a master and slave), will the Daughterboards,XCVR2450 operating
on them become frequency and phase synchronized?

Also on the USRP clocking notes, a step is desribed to "disable the
daughterboard clock and enable the motherboard clock". So, which is the
reference for the PLL frequency synthesizer by default, the
daughterboard clock or the motherboard clock?

Thanks!