Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] usrp_multi and the USRP2

From: Douglas Geiger
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] usrp_multi and the USRP2
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2009 16:17:38 -0600

Eric Blossom wrote:
 > There's currently no production code that supports using the USRP2 and
> the MIMO cable.  We have test code that confirms that the h/w works as
> we expect, but we're not going to sort this out until after "the great
> reworking" of the host, firmware and on-the-wire spec as part of our
> move toward VITA-49 (VITA Radio Transport), an emerging standard for
> digital IF.
>
> In the meanwhile, you can make this work by providing your own
> star-distributed 10 MHz reference and PPS.  All USRP2's will be
> coherent and will share the same timestamps.  You will have to invoke
> config_mimo(MC_WE_LOCK_TO_SMA) and sync_to_pps() on each USRP2.
>
> Eric

 Understood. Looking around at code that uses config_mimo (which looks
like it's only available to C++ apps right now) - I see rx_samples.cc
uses it, but it looks like that's fallen out of use, and is a bit crufty
now. Any reason I couldn't modify rx_streaming_samples.cc to call
config_mimo?
 Thanks,
 Doug

--