Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio and Gumstix

From: Philip Balister
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio and Gumstix
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 15:49:34 -0500

On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 2:51 PM, Dan <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi, has anyone had success porting GNU Radio to Gumstix?  I would like to
> install it on the Overo Earth board (OMAP 3503 with ARM Cortex-A8) if
> possible.  I searched around but couldn't find much written about this.  It
> would nice to connect Gumstix to the USRP at least.
>
> Any help would be appreciated,

OK, I've updated oe.dev so that you can build gnuradio (r10302) with
NEON implementation of the fff dotprod. I'm told the files should flow
into the overo build system soon also.

To build, (short form for people who can build their own sw), Edit the
gnuradio_svn.bb and boost_1.36.bb files and comment out the
DEFAULT_PREFERENCE="-1" lines with a #.

bitbake gnuradio-image

wait a long time. After you get it loaded, start testing :)
dial_tone.py should work and the benchmark for the fff dotproduct
should give you something like this:

address@hidden:~/oe/tmp/work/armv7a-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/gnuradio-3.1.3+svnr10302-r6/trunk/gnuradio-core/src/tests$
./benchmark_dotprod_fff
   generic: taps:  256  input: 4e+07  cpu: 1269.242  taps/sec:  8.068e+06
 cortex_a8: taps:  256  input: 4e+07  cpu: 49.156  taps/sec:  2.083e+08

Note, I NFS mounted my home dir on teh beagle and ran the benchmark
command on the build machine first. This needs work :)

Philip