Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] help: cannot send after transport endpoint shutdo

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] help: cannot send after transport endpoint shutdown
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 21:48:10 -0800

On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 01:41:06PM +0800, Joreen Tan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have got this error message when i'm trying to use this two commands to
> free up the usb resource,
>
> modprobe -vr ehci_hcd
> modprobe -v ehci_hcd
>
> the error message is:
>
> usb_control_msg failed: error sending control message: Cannot send after
> transport endpoint shutdown

> Can anyone help me with this? i don't really quite understand this
> error message.. It was initially working fine until i tried it for
> the second time.. Regards,Joreen

>From the modprobe man page, note particularly the second paragraph:

 -r --remove
              This option causes modprobe to remove, rather than insert a mod-
              ule.   If  the  modules  it depends on are also unused, modprobe
              will try to remove them, too.  Unlike insertion, more  than  one
              module  can  be  specified on the command line (it does not make
              sense to specify module parameters when removing modules).

              There is usually no reason to remove  modules,  but  some  buggy
              modules require it.  Your kernel may not support removal of mod-
              ules.

Eric