Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] A good computer to use with USRP2...

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] A good computer to use with USRP2...
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 15:43:55 -0800

On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 09:27:29PM -0200, Ronaldo Nunez wrote:
> Hello Community,
>
> We will buy a new computer to program our USRP2...
> I would like to know what are the minimum requisites for USRP2?
>
> I read in FAQ that a Gigabit Ethernet adapter is essencial... How
> about the processor?

The more horsepower the better, assuming that you want to process
sample streams at 25MS/s.  At a minimum something like a 3.0 GHz Core
2 duo might work.  You'd probably be happier with a Core 2 quad.  Some
of us are using dual quad-core Xeons...  It all depends on what kind
of signal processing you want to attempt.

Eric