[Discuss-gnuradio] Re: GRC and unit of signal amplitude in USRP

From: Bruhtesfa Ebrahim
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: GRC and unit of signal amplitude in USRP
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 12:22:47 +0100

Mattias Kjellsson wrote:
> Bruhtesfa Ebrahim wrote:
>> Hey all,
>>
>> I have just 2 questions, actually they are not related (are independent
>> questions).
>>
>> 1. I want to install GRC(gnu radio companion), and i need to install
>> pygtk and cheetah as prerequisite. I downloaded the tar files and
>> extract them, but there is no configure and make files in both of
>> them.So, how can i install them without these files?
>>
> I think they are available through apt-get, but if you whant to install
> from source, you should investigate setup.py. Try
> $python setup.py --help
>
> Cheers!
> //Mattias Kjellsson

Hi Mathias,

I used setup.py as you said and install all dependencies, before
installing GRC.
Then i installed GRC, i thought i was successful. But, when i type grc
on command to open it, i get the following error;

$ grc

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/grc", line 36, in <module>
    from gnuradio.grc.platforms.python.Platform import Platform
  File
"/Library/Python/2.5/site-packages/gnuradio/grc/platforms/python/Platform.py",
line 21, in <module>
    from .. base.Platform import Platform as _Platform
  File
"/Library/Python/2.5/site-packages/gnuradio/grc/platforms/base/Platform.py",
line 21, in <module>
    from ... utils import ParseXML
  File
"/Library/Python/2.5/site-packages/gnuradio/grc/utils/ParseXML.py", line
20, in <module>
    from lxml import etree
ImportError: No module named lxml

So, what can i do to correct this?