Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] BasicTX PLL and some TX doubts

From: Ronaldo Nunez
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] BasicTX PLL and some TX doubts
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 00:31:30 -0200

Thank you for your answer Mr. Blossom,

   http://gnuradio.org/trac/wiki/UsrpFAQ
> http://gnuradio.org/trac/attachment/wiki/UsrpFAQ/USRP_Documentation.pdf

Sorry, but, I read all FAQ, and i just found the answer of my third question ("And for the other dboards, how tune() works for them?")

> Have you looked at the code that implements tune?
>
> Eric

usrp_stardard.{cc,h}? Yes...

I (think) understood the tune process when I read it.

First, the "tune()" tells to d'board to tune as close as it can. After, with the result of that operation (maybe, f_db - f_target = f_duc) "tune()" configure the DUC. Is that right? (Be free to correct me...)

But, the BasicTX doesn't have a PLL, or a VCO or another component to tune at a frequency...Should FPGA do tune job for the basicTX?

Please, be free to correct my affirmations...

Sorry my poor English (and my ignorance) , thanks all!

Ronaldo

--
Ronaldo A. Viera Nunez

Santa Maria - RS - Brasil