Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Thread scheduling for high-sensitivity, high-reso

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Thread scheduling for high-sensitivity, high-resolutionFFTs
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2009 23:20:48 -0500

Eric Blossom wrote:

> Is this an SMP machine, or a cluster?
>
> If SMP, it'll "just work".  If it's a cluster, you'll need to figure
> out how to partition separate instantiations of GR on each node.
>
> Eric

SMP.

Describe how it'll "just work"??

Maybe I haven't looked at all the blocks carefully enough, but I can't
immediately see how to do this.

I basically want a "distributor" block that distributes FFT input frames
to multiple instances of an FFT computation,
  across multiple threads, and have the results of the separate FFTs
synchronized.

--
Marcus Leech
Principal Investigator, Shirleys Bay Radio Astronomy Consortium