[Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2 - Many Narrowband

From: Ryan Pape
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2 - Many Narrowband
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 14:54:29 -0600

All:

I'm currently trying to extract a relatively small number of narrowband channels out of about 10mhz.  With USRP1, I can get two channels easily by using both sets of DDCs.  In some instances, I can successfully use a filterbank, however at 12.5khz channels, I quickly run out of horsepower if I don't keep the decimation high enough, which does not always let me cover the swath of RF I need.

Are there any other possibilities with the new USRP2 hardware to implement more DDCs in the firmware to do more of this work on the USRP side?  Any other thoughts in general?