Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Fedora 10 and svn head

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Fedora 10 and svn head
Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2009 21:42:47 -0500

'Eric Blossom' wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 01, 2009 at 01:23:55PM -0500, Marcus D. Leech wrote:
>
>> I'm running on a quad-core Q6600 system, which I have overclocked to
>> about 2.95Ghz, from 2.4Ghz.  It's just
>>   barely able to keep up with two (complex, 8-bit) channels at 6.4Msps
>> for my radio astronomy stuff.  I can't get
>>   it to overclock any higher, until I get a cooler (currently using the
>> stock fan).
>>

> When you oprofile it, what's the big CPU user?

OK, someone throw me a frickin bone here.    I can't, for love nor
money, find a way to get a vmlinux-uncompressed-with-symbols
  image for oprofile to use with my running F10 kernel.  They ship
kernel images compressed, and without symbols, and the older
  information on this (ca FC6) doesn't appear to work anymore--there's
no "core-debuginfo" and "kernel-debuginfo" packages to
  install.

So, to a first approximation, oprofile is next-to-useless for me.
(Although it does helpfully tell me that the kernel and libgnuradio-core
  are the top two CPU users, but I'd really like more detail than that
:-) ).

--
Marcus Leech
Principal Investigator, Shirleys Bay Radio Astronomy Consortium