RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] Upgrade (downgrade?) to a Q6600 CPU

From: Bob McGwier
Subject: RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] Upgrade (downgrade?) to a Q6600 CPU
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 14:59:05 -0500

Are you taking full advantage of the multi threading now available?  Are you
running a 64 bit version of Linux?

Have you tried compiling GnuRadio with the following flags?

-O3 -msse -msse3 -mfpmath=sse

The gain from the multiple cores is that more threads get "two thirds of
processor" making the aggregate faster but NOT necessarily the single
threads.

Bob

ARRL SDR Working Group Chair
NJQRP, QRP ARCI, QCWA, FRC.
"And yes I said, yes I will Yes", Molly Bloom