Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] a report on dqpsk modulation in gnuradio

From: Bill Stevenson
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] a report on dqpsk modulation in gnuradio
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 18:57:02 -0800 (PST)

From: Johnathan Corgan <address@hidden>
To: Bill Stevenson <address@hidden>
Cc: address@hidden
Sent: Thursday, December 4, 2008 6:25:24 PM

On Thu, Dec 4, 2008 at 1:04 PM, Bill Stevenson
<address@hidden> wrote:

> -r 400k -s 1500: 50% of the transmitted packets are received, but 0 right.

For comparison purposes, can you try using the GMSK modulation?  Just
remove the '-m dqpsk' from the command line.

-Johnathan
Johnathan,

I tried gmsk and dbpsk once again, the results of PER are shown below:

for gmsk:

-r 400k -s 200 nearly 100% right
-r 400k -s 500 nearly  98% right
-r 400k -s 1500 nearly 97% right

for dbpsk: all of the cases gave almost 0% PER, which means communication were very good!

Johnathan, could you tell me the detailed configurations of your setup, for example, which demo files were you using, what were the arguments you used for your transmission? I also hope the data I got is useful for your development. Thank you!!!

Bill