Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] does USRP need some warm up before it gets into i

From: Bill Stevenson
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] does USRP need some warm up before it gets into its normal state?
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 18:31:25 -0800 (PST)

From: George Nychis <address@hidden>
To: Bill Stevenson <address@hidden>
Cc: address@hidden
Sent: Thursday, November 20, 2008 9:04:34 PM

Bill Stevenson wrote:
>  Thank you George! Do you know how many samples I should throw away because sometimes it appeares to be 2 samples, while other times it appears to be 10 samples? Could Matt tell me what the size of the first set would be? Thank you!

Just throw away your first 100 samples to be safe or something... it doesn't really matter in the long run does it?  Same as if your USRP took an extra microsecond or two to warm up and you missed them.

- George

Thank you again, George! Did you mean that I just need to forget about the packets transmitted in the first 10 or more microsecond by the USRPs? Maybe I have a misunderstanding of initiation. Does initiation mean every time I plug in the power cable of USRP to transmit or every time I press the "enter" button to start the transmission once again with power cable already on it?

Thank you!!!

Bill