Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: Frequency shift in the received and generated

From: Michael L Dickens
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: Frequency shift in the received and generated signals of the USRP
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 12:13:31 -0500

On Nov 20, 2008, at 11:18 AM, Brian Padalino wrote:
Also is there some way(GNU Radio code that uses PLL and the frequency
offset) to demodulate the signal at this offset frequency back to
baseband?

Use the source.  I don't know if there is a block already written that
will do what you want to do - but the fact that you have insight into
all the blocks and the ability to write your own algorithms empowers
you to make GNU Radio do whatever you want it to do.

I've used "gr.freq_xlating_fir_filter_XXX" with success for this purpose .. admittedly all by hand. AFAIK, there is no automated way to do it, though IIRC some folks have proposed working on such algorithms in the past (search the listserv archives). For more info, look at the source code in gnuradio-core/src/lib/filter . - MLD