Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Fwd: fft_sink_c.win._points

From: Johnathan Corgan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Fwd: fft_sink_c.win._points
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 09:27:01 -0800

On Tue, 2008-11-18 at 11:27 -0500, Christian Kendi wrote:

> > This may be a side effect of how we implemented the GL/non-GL import
> > into a common Python namespace.

My initial guess was wrong.

The _points variable was never intended to be used externally, and when
the GL version of the fftsink was created, it was replaced by 'samples'.

It should be the case (though I haven't tested it) that if you are using
the non-GL sink, you can still access fft_sink_c.win._points, otherwise,
you need to use fft_sink_c.win.samples.  However, no promises that this
will stay the same in the future.

A solution to this would be to add a getter function with a well-defined
name that we'd promise to maintain, but it is somewhat questionable the
usefulness of this value anyway.

-Johnathan