Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Realtime FFT (No GUI)

From: Mayank Goel
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Realtime FFT (No GUI)
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 16:24:44 -0500

Hi,

I tried using that. But I think it returns some sptr datatype and I am unsure how to use it and get all the data points out of it.

Can you guide me through that?

Thanks.
On Nov 10, 2008, at 4:08 PM, Eric Blossom wrote:

On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 04:02:12PM -0500, Mayank Goel wrote:
Hi all,

I am new to GNURadio. I need to do realtime FFT (GUI is not required). I need to feed this FFT to other components of the system so I ned simple FFT values of the signal. I tried hacking the fftsink2.py and was able to get the values but the problem is that the rate of data is very less. I
am getting 15-16 FFTs in a second. This is too less.

Can you suggest me a way to improve this?

Just use the gr.fft_vcc block.

Eric