RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] Could this output be a problem with myHardware or

From: Paul Mathews
Subject: RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] Could this output be a problem with myHardware or the python codes?
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 07:14:28 -0800

Are you aware that the isolation between the transmit and receive channels of USRP daughterboards is generally < 40 dB? (This fact made it impossible for me to use the Transmit channels in my application.)  It is quite challenging to have transmit and receive channels operating simultaneously, sharing a power supply, and without much shielding. I suppose we should be surprised that the isolation is as good as it is. As others have commented, the expectation is that your transmit and receive channels will be well separated, otherwise, crosstalk can overwhelm the receiver channels.
Paul Mathews