[Discuss-gnuradio] a simple qustion about the attenuator for the SMA cab

From: Bill Stevenson
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] a simple qustion about the attenuator for the SMA cable
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 14:31:47 -0800 (PST)

Hello, all!!!

I have a rudimentary question about the attenuator. When I was searching some questions in the archive, I found that some guys mentioned when testing the transmitter and receiver for daughter board, the antenna should be connect by Tx/Rx SMA, the Tx and Rx can NOT be connected directly by cable and we need a attenuator about 40-50 dB!! What is the meaning of attenuator here? Is it a hardware? Thanks a lot for all!

Bill